|Slip Radius||4 SAU|
|Maximum Carried||10 (12 with Super Bandolier)|
|Move Speed (throwing)||80%|
Banana is a throwable item that when thrown creates a Banana Peel that causes Super Animals stepping on it to fall over and become temporarily immobilized.
A thrown Banana becomes a Banana Peel upon hitting the ground, causing any Super Animal that steps on it to fall over and become immobilized for 2 seconds, temporarily losing the ability to move or fire. This leaves them vulnerable to attack from nearby enemies who might see or hear them slip.
Banana Peel disappears after an animal has slipped on it, but can also be destroyed by an explosion from an Explosive Barrel or Grenade, squished by a Hamster Ball that is driven over it, or consumed by a Super Animal with a Banana Forker. Giant Emu pecks and Skunk Bombs have no effect on Banana Peels.
Banana Peels rot in the Super Skunk Gas, however that does not affect their ability to cause animals to slip on them.
Banana Peels develop a green "smell" effect and attract a crowd of flies over the course of about five seconds – this can be useful as a "fresh" Banana indicates it was recently thrown by someone who may be nearby.
Bananas can be found in bunches of two when collected as floor loot, making them easier to stockpile than Grenades or Skunk Bombs. They can also be found by cutting Tall Grass.
The player can hold at most 10 Bananas, or 12 with the Super Bandolier, and cannot carry them alongside a different type of throwables. Similarly to Grenades, Bananas can be thrown over some line-of-sight obstacles.
Players equipped with the Banana Forker power-up can consume Banana Peels on the ground to restore 25 Health Points. Animals in the downed state equipped with the power-up can also consume them, thus potentially prolonging their "down-but-not-out" status.
Note that Banana Peels will rot in the Super Skunk Gas, turning black and becoming inedible to players with the Banana Forker equipped.
Super Milestone Rewards
Two outfits can be unlocked by reaching milestones of enemies slipped on Banana Peels.
Banana Fancy Shirt
50 Banana Slips
Banan Pew Pew
100 Banana Slips
- Grenades, Skunk Bombs, Bananas, and Super Tape now visually show 2-packs when dropped. (Used to show 1 when 2, and 3 when 3 or more.)
- Reduced range of grenades & explosions destroying bananas by about 25%. Praise banan.
- You can now carry up to 10 Bananas (from 5). Praise Banan.
- Slipping on a banana can be heard from about 15% further away.
- Now has 3-Pack visual when carrying 3 or more.
- Fix for bots not being affected by bananas.
- Now auto-pickup if you already have one, or have none.
- To switch between bananas and grenades you’ll still need to hit E.
- Fix for bananas disappearing when thrown against trees.
- Banana slips rewards now only count on enemies.
- Fix for grenades/bananas getting stuck when thrown against objects.
- Grenades and explosive barrel explosions now destroy bananas.